Monday, June 9, 2008

Minerva Palmer



Okay, this is where my investigation begins.
Minerva Palmer was my 3 great-grandma.
On the 1870 Arkansas census, she was 22 years old and had three children:
George Lambert, 4
Wyatt Lambert, 3
Sam Lambert, almost 1 year.
She lived between two Lambert families, G.W. Lambert and Mary Lambert. My 3 great-grandma went on to married Spencer Lambert.
So, who was her slaveholder on the 1860 census? At first, I thought it was the Atty. Jno Palmer because he owned slaves, but there wasn't any female slaves between 10-12 years old.
With the help of some of my Arkansas genealogy friends, we thought it could be 37-year old Eliza Palmer from SC. She wasn't in Arkansas in 1850, so.......who sent for her to take over the slaves?
Let's see if I can find out (hmmm)

There's no way I can know if you visited unless you leave a comment, please

No comments: