Monday, March 8, 2010

Oh my, I've got a live one!

Nothing is more frustrating than to dig, dig, and dig, then come up with nothing.
But there is a lot to be said for persistence.
I'm related to Ephraim and Winnie Scaife from Arkansas. Winnie's maiden name was Jordan.
She is important because she holds the key to my 3rd ggrandmother's father side of the family. Winnie's father was possibly 75-80 years old when she was born---I don't even want to think about it---ugh. Anyway, when Winnie was six years old, she left NC and went to live with her sister (half-sister)Manurva in Arkansas.
Believe it or not, I went through three Scaifes before my trail led me to BE Scaife. I learned we are related. Winnie Jordan Scaife is his grandmother. I hope he calls me back with more information. A picture would be wonderful.

No comments: